Fail to install the driver of the on-board LAN Card

Johnie Wong johniewong at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 08:40:13 UTC 2006

Dear All,

I am the user of FreeBSD 6.1. Recently, i buy a new server for my company
which is a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz) with Intel D946GZIS mainboard,
2GB Consair DDR2 Ram,  3Ware 9500S-4LP, and 4X Seagate 250GB SATA II
Harddrive. But when i install the on-board LAN card driver by activating the
default fxp option, it is invisible.

Here are my problems:

   1. Is Intel Core 2 Duo is now supported by 6.1?
   2. Is chipset 946 is now supported by 6.1?
   3. Why the fxp option being invisible in sysinstall screen?

I have searched around the Internet with google, but no answer. I hope the
experts from her can solve my problems. Thank you very much.

--
Cheers,
Johnie Wong