acpi: bad write to port

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Aug 7 13:24:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

I haveve recently updated my notebook from 6.1-RELEASE to
6-stable (RELENG_6).  Now when I power-down the notebook
("shutdown -p"), I get the following error message:

acpi: bad write to port 0x080 (32), val ...

It happens as the very last step after syncing the disks,
right before switching the box off.  i didn't get to read
the last part ("val ...") because the display switches off
after only fractions of a second.

Do I have to worry?  So far it doesn't seem to cause any
harm.

Best regards
   Oliver

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,
because that would also stop you from doing clever things."
        -- Doug Gwyn