iir(4) driver (Was: Re: Safe card to replace for ICP Vortex GDT851...)

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Wed Aug 2 06:50:16 UTC 2006

Hi, Scott!

> Ok guys, time for a small breather here.  All these claims about
> EoE and orphanage and whatnot are a bit premature and underinformed.

I only stated that according to ICP Vortex Germany the
GDT products are EOE and ICP Vortex will not provide an
updated driver for FreeBSD. Nothing more.
I talked to the person on the phone right before I sent my mail
to the list.

And that "orphanage" part depended on a big "IF nobody is willing
to work on it".

Regards,

Patrick M. Hausen
Leiter Netzwerke und Sicherheit
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100