Help my Harddrive stopped working!

Paig Chong Woo cwpaig at valken.org
Tue Aug 1 07:02:57 UTC 2006

Le 1 août 2006 à 08:23, Lasse Edlund a écrit :

> I have an old Pentium III computer with FreeBSD 5.3 and I am using
> GEOM
> GBDE encryption on a few IDE-disks that are mounted on a PCI-ide
> controller.
> I had some important files on a less than 1 year old 300gb Maxtor
> harddrive (ad5) when it stopped working. The harddrive had been
> working
> ok, and it had been in the computer all the time, so no risk physical
> damage. Then I mounted and attached it and tried to move a few gb's of
> files to it and I got lots of WRITE_DMA errors all over the terminal.
> Then the computer crashed, next reboot I could attach it with gbde
> but not
> mount, due to I/O errors, and fsck said "incorrect superblock".
> After second restart the computer could not find it,
> and the dmesg from the third restart is shown below.
> What shall I do to get my data back? I have approx 200mb of
> critical data
> there that I need to get back..

I had this kind of problem recently, and I was able to recover the
entire data by finding a functional identical drive and swapping the
logic boards. But then again I was lucky to find an identical drive,
and the issue was a malfuntionning logic board...

--

See you!!!

PAIG Chong Woo.

E-Mail : cw at paig.net
ICQ : 1305386
Page web : http://www.valken.org

---

Q: My Etch-A-Sketch has lines that prevent me from doing my art project.
A: Pick it up and shake it.