Safe card to replace for ICP Vortex GDT8514RZ ...

User Freebsd freebsd at hub.org
Tue Aug 1 05:56:56 UTC 2006

I have a remote server, running the above RAID controller, that, as most
ppl here have seen over the past few weeks, is causing endless headaches

Official word from Adaptec is that FreeBSD is no longer a supported
platform, so, I either live with the deadlocks, or try and figure out a
suitable replacement for the card ...

So, can anyone recommend a card to replace this with?  Its a remote
server, so I'm looking for something that will be plug-n-play, same slot
that the GDT is in ... I realize that I'll have to reformat the server
afterwards ...

  ----