How to update to the security advisories

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 30 00:28:48 PDT 2005

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> i look since a long time, but i did not find. Is there a howto somewhere,
> how i have to go through the update for the security advisories?
>
> Thanks for any links, hints, ideas, comments and hot coffees :-D

Each advisory has either instructions or a URL to instructions
in the handbook on how to download and apply patches to your
source tree and rebuild the affected parts of the base system.

For a solution which is easier but not as supported (i.e., it's
something I'm providing personally, rather than something the
FreeBSD Security Team provides and supports), you might like to
try FreeBSD Update (http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-update,
or security/freebsd-update in the ports tree).

Colin Percival