Infra-red in FreeBSD... Remote control in XMMS... LIRC ??

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Tue Sep 27 18:47:44 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 22:30, Oleg Korecky wrote:
> Did somebody use LIRC on the FreeBSD ? Or what you can recommend instead
> LIRC ?

I've used it with an IRMan compatible remote that I built
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5366&CATID=&keywords=remote+control&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

Note that you will probably want to use the version of LIRC in
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/86528 which is more up to
date than the ports one and has some fixes for the (pretty revolting) code
LIRC uses to lock the serial port.

I have this in /etc/rc.conf...
lircd_enable="YES"
lircd_flags="-H irman -d /dev/cuaa0 /usr/local/etc/lircd.conf"

/usr/local/etc/lircd.conf was generated using irrecord.

I have a patch for mplayer which enables LIRC support on FreeBSD which I
believe the maintainer will be committing RSN (when I get back to him
anyway :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum