Looking for Request Sense description

Bruce Burden brucegb at realtime.net
Sun Sep 25 17:27:09 PDT 2005

   Hi folks,

	Forgive me if I posted this already, I am not certain that
   I did.

	Anyway, my SCSI RAID started beeping at me last week. Now
   that I have the data moved from the RAID to a backup unit, there
   is silence. Hmmm.

	However, I have not been able to find a description of SCSI
   Additional Sense Code 29h/Additional Sense Code Qualifier 02:

09/24/2005  22:20:03   Level 3
HBA=0 BUS=0 ID=1 LUN=0
HBA Error - Sequence Failure

09/24/2005  22:20:05   Level 3
HBA=0 BUS=0 ID=1 LUN=0
Bad SCSI Status - Check Condition
28 00 00 87 E9 00 00 00 80 00 00 00

09/24/2005  22:20:05   Level 3
HBA=0 BUS=0 ID=1 LUN=0
Request Sense
70 00 06 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 29 02 02 00 00 00
Unit Attention

	I think SCSI ID 02 is the culprit, based on the Field
   Replaceable Unit Code in the Request Sense field.

	I have not been able to find a description for the
   Check Condition message either. Can somebody provide a pointer
   to the info I am looking for? The disks are Seagates, BTW.

						Thanks,
							Bruce