Cue0 query (panic, still) PR kern/75710

Gray Lilley gray at mistaken-identity.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 12:59:20 PDT 2005

Good Evening All,

I've tried this on several machines now, all of different specification, manufacturer and am still coming across this same problem...

Whenever I try to ifconfig cue0 up the machine panics, hand typed panic message below.

Cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
Fault virtual address = 0x8
Fault code = supervisor read, page not present
Instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc05d3960
Stack pointer = 0x10:0xca5f18bc
Frame pointer = 0x10:0xca5f18d4
Code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
		 = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
Processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
Current process = 116 (ifconfig)
Trap number = 12
Panic: page fault
Cpuid = 0

I have filed a PR on this, but I have not had any responses from it
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/75710).

The panic there is from a compaq armada 110 notebook, but I get the same panic (same 3 pointers) on a toshiba satellite pro a40 and on a self built p4 machine along with several others.

It affects 5.x 6.0 (all the way up to BETA5) but it works flawlessly with 4.11-STABLE/RELEASE.

Does anyone have any new fresh ideas about this one?

This is 100% reproduceable so I can try this at anytime,

Best Regards,

Graham Lilley

P.S - going to try building a custom kernel with debugging, if I am able. Currently no src due to lack of network connectivity.