any ideas when 5.5 will be out

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Mon Sep 19 15:59:01 PDT 2005

Paul T. Root wrote:
> In the past, x.0 releases are meant for the adventurous
> not the production oriented.
>
> I never go before x.1. And I skipped 3.x completely.
> I just got my final server from 4.11 to 5.4 in July.
>
> 6.x is probably still 9-12 months away from prime time.
> But that's just a guess on my part. I do know that they
> are pushing on it harder than they did for 5.0.
>
> Sandro Noel. wrote:

6.0 is indeed receiving quite a bit of testing and bugfixing.  It's
a bit presumptuous to make public claims that it's "9-12 months away,"
though.  I can appreciate the conventional wisdom of staying away from
N.0 releases, but we are putting quite a bit of effort into this one.
6.1 is not going to be 9-12 months away either, nor will 6.2.  The 6.x
line is generating quite a bit of excitement and will be a very good set
of releases.

Scott