problem with PPPoE STABLE and ADSL 3Com HomeConnect

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 19 08:39:41 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 08:37:03AM +0200, ComteZero _ wrote:
C> Hello,
C>
C> it's been two weeks I try to find out what's wrong. Clean install from cvsup
C> STABLE (5).
C> my ADSL account works fine with REL. 4.4+rp_pppoe but not with my new STABLE
C> (5) (without using rp_pppoe).
C> could someone help me on this issue (logs provided here)... two PADI are
C> emitted but nothing happens after.
C> (i saw that someone had a similar problem, but with previous netgraph
C> revisions).
C>
C> thank you.
C>
C> Since my ADSL modem is 3Com HomeConnect, I've set the
C> net.graph.nonstandard_pppoe=1

In modern FreeBSD versions 3Com mode for ng_pppoe is switched per-node, not
via sysctl. You should use ppp(8) option to enable 3Com mode:

	set pppoe 3Com

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE