Rebuilding "world" without physical access

Daniel Gerzo danger at rulez.sk
Thu Sep 15 14:58:23 PDT 2005

Hello Øystein,

Thursday, September 15, 2005, 11:53:05 PM, you wrote about:

> I have usually followed the canonical way to update my system, as
> described in the handbook. But now I need to update a system that I
> cannot reach physically for a long time. Is there any way to do this?
> The system runs primarily as a webserver, and it doesn't have many
> users. Could I just stop apache and follow the canonical way, except
> I don't go into single user mode?

You even don't have to stop apache and other processes during
buildworld procedure...

--
Best regards

  DanGer, ICQ: 261701668  | e-mail protecting at: http://www.2pu.net/
  http://danger.rulez.sk  | proxy list at:        http://www.proxy-web.com/
                          | FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!

[ Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding ad ]