Slow internet browsing.

Sandro Noel snoel at gestosoft.com
Tue Sep 13 13:51:08 PDT 2005

Greetings.

i dont know if this is the right group, so please correct me .
I'm using 5.4 RELEASE

i need to know how to uninstall a networking device from the system
completely
it was configured with sysinstall.

when the system starts up, the sk0 is configured to get a DHCP lease.
it gets the lease but afterwards anything trying to access the
network is slow to a crawl,

i tried disabeling the device and the system boots just fine and fast.
but when on, it draws somme operations to a crawl.

starting Xorg takes forever and
i use KDE, and for some reason the Konkeror browser is slow to the
point where it will time out eventually.
i tried Firefox, and the same thing happens.

some operations are notmal for some reason,
SAMBA operations are ok,
FTP is somewhat slower but acceptable.
Downloading a file from the FTP is very long to start, but once started,
it's as fast as what i am used to.

ping and all the related tools seem to work ok.

any clue would be helpful, I'm looking in the eye of a reinstall, and
i hate that solution.

Sandro Noel