file -i (mime type) has bug ?

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Sep 8 09:09:27 PDT 2005

I manage some CVS repository that contains (unfortunately) some solaris
executables. This is what I am getting while trying to use file -i on them:

>file bin/rsync
bin/rsync: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC32PLUS, V8+ Required, Sun
UltraSPARC1 Extensions Required, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked
(uses shared libs), not stripped

>file -i bin/rsync
bin/rsync: , dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

For FreeBSD executables some "junk at the end" is also printed:
>file -i /usr/bin/file
/usr/bin/file: application/x-executable, for FreeBSD 5.4, dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), stripped

--
Andriy Gapon