autologin only in one ttyv

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Fri Sep 2 01:25:39 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 09:59:20PM +0200, Mathieu PREVOT wrote:

> I would like to autologin in *only one* ttyv (eg ttyv1) and then launch
> X with xinit manually or with a script.
> I used ":al=<me>:" in /etc/gettytab and added or not xinit in
> /etc/<login file>, but it's not very satisfying!
> Hence, I would like this to occur only for ttyv1. Can someone help me?

I have done a similar thing for ThinBSD. Look here:

http://www.thinbsd.org/cvsweb/ThinBSD/diskimage/files/

In addition to gettytab, I had to modify /etc/ttys to use the autologin
feature on only one vt.

You can then launch X from the user's .profile

--
Francois Tigeot, Zefyris
http://www.zefyris.com/