6.0 RC1 dhclient (was Re: 6.0 RC1 usbd.conf (and installation comments))

Joel Hatton freebsd-stable at auscert.org.au
Sun Oct 30 16:50:44 PST 2005

I said:

> 	DHCP configuration - for some reason my machine didn't acquire a
> 	default route on boot, but rerunning the dhclient script after
> 	boot caused the interface to be set up again successfully. I
> 	haven't looked into this further yet, I'll repost if it is a
> 	repeatable problem.

This issue is repeatable. Although I haven't had time to trace it further,
I have worked out that if I configure my dhcp interface with an alias eg
ifconfig_em0_alias0 a default route is not added; after commenting that
line in /etc/rc.conf the route is ok again on reboot. I've tried
alternating between commented/uncommented with consistent success/fail
results so I guess this needs looking at.

joel

-- Joel Hatton --
Security Analyst                    | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT - Australia's national CERT | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
The University of Queensland        | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Qld 4072 Australia                  | Email:   auscert at auscert.org.au