6.0 release date and stability

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Mon Oct 17 18:57:05 PDT 2005

At 06:38 PM 10/17/2005, Mike Tancsa wrote:

>Two of our scanners in the cluster are SMP boxes-- dual core AMD running in 386 mode and an Intel D830.
>Both work really well, and take quite a load against them network / cpu wise.  Lots of threads running.
>Also have FAST_IPSEC clients and a server running RELENG_6 from around Beta 1.

How is AMD in AMD64 mode? One thing we're looking at doing is deploying some single-core AMD64s.
Some of the motherboards use the NVidia NForce chipsets, so we need to know if the nve driver works
(I hear it requires a binary from NVidia) or if it pays to install PCI NICs for speed and stability.

--Brett Glass