No SATA disks appear on E7520 with 5.4-RELEASE

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt at tirloni.org
Mon Oct 17 17:43:17 PDT 2005

Danny Howard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got some SuperMicro 6014H-T servers in the door.  Nice, as ever,
> but, uhm, no FreeBSD.
>
> I've got two Western Digital 80GB SATA drives in here, which I intend to
> gmirror.

  Today a co-worker was trying to install FreeBSD 6.0-B5 on a Asus
motherboard with SiS chipset (which I dislike but it wasn't our choice).
He was using the same WD SATA 80GB drive and it wasn't detected. With
5.4 it worked. I've not researched that much yet though but it seems
like some kind of regression.

  The mobo is a P4S8000-MX (weird model) which comes with a SiS 964
chipset.

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni