FreeBSD 5.4 stable and Apache 2.0

Quirino Santilli rino.santilli at italdata.com
Mon Oct 17 02:23:59 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to use Apache 2.0 instead of Apache 1.3 but all the ports
depends from Apache 1.3 and it's a pain in the ass to manually fix all
the broken depencies (php, pear PHP, etc...) with pkg_db -F (and it's
not clean).
Since i was unable to solve that problem I used apache 1.3 but, as a
default it doesn't install the SSL module so i fell in the same problem
as before but now with the port apache13+modssl.
I tried to use the pkgtools.conf file with the ALT_PKGDEP directive but
it doesn't seems to work since the packages and the ports always asks
for Apache 1.3?

Can someone indicate me the right way to operate or a document that can
simplify or solve the problem; i didn' find the correct answer in the
handbook?

Thank's for your help.