new FreeBSD-webpage

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Mon Oct 10 07:17:29 PDT 2005

Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:

> Fixed width is stupid. Period. I'd appreciate it if this could be
> changed to a relative width of the central column OR a fixed width of
> the borders.

Yeah, not to pick on those working on this project, since I think it
generally represents a huge stride in the right direction, but fixed
width pages are on Nielsen's "Top 10 Web Design Mistakes for 2005"
[1]. They're a particular problem for me since I have often in the
past had a very narrow window open onto the site side by side with
local user documentation I'm writing or reviewing. Not having the
text flow in a narrow window view is something of a loss. (I know,
submit patches or shut up... I'll shut up now ;).

[1] http://www.useit.com/alertbox/designmistakes.html

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348