STABLE kernel fails to build on sys/fs/devfs/devfs_vnops.c

Jan Blaha Jan.Blaha at unet.cz
Sun Oct 9 10:08:52 PDT 2005

On  9.10.2005 00:41, Marcin Koziej wrote:
> > > I tried to build today's STABLE on 6.0-BETA2 FreeBSD 6.0-BETA2 #1:
> > > Wed Aug  3 Kernel config differs from GENERIC just by atapicam
> > > device.
> >
> > Obviously, your userland and kernel sources are not synchronized. It
> > is probably the cause of failed build.
> >
> > Update complete source tree and try again.
>
> It doesn't seem to be that simple to me.
> I have rm -rf'ed all the sources and cvsupped with tag=RELENG_6 and
> I cannot build a GENERIC kernel. The problem seems to be forward

OK, sorry I did not make myself clear. Do you follow the canonical way
of upgrading the system? It is important first make buildworld and after
this make buildkernel.

Can you reproduce the error with last RELENG_6 sources, cleaned contents
of /usr/obj and running the command "make buildworld buildkernel" in
/usr/src directory?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

Regards,
Jan Blaha

--
Bombeck's Rule of Medicine:
	Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.