Good, stable gigabit nic?

Julien Gabel jpeg at thilelli.net
Sat Oct 8 04:43:07 PDT 2005

>> My gigabit nic has gone bad (after months of working just fine  it's
>> saying "sk0 watchdog timeout" after a day or so of operation - temp
>> fix is to reboot) - I'm looking for pointers for a low cos but
>> functional gigabit PCI 32 card that runs under 5.4 without issues.
>> What works for you?

> Cards using the RealTek 8169S chipset are cheap (~10 Euro) and are
> working without a problem here.

Sorry, but it seems there is some problem with this one.  You can check
the PR database for `if_re' and found kern/68514 or kern/84584.  In
particular, i want to point you to mine: kern/80005.  This problem is
encountered from ~2 year now and was reported to me, privately, by
one other user last week.

--
-jpeg.