twa kernel panic under heavy IO

Brandon Fosdick bfoz at bfoz.net
Fri Oct 7 18:50:01 PDT 2005

Vinod Kashyap wrote:
> Under 'Release Notes to View', select '<release>_Release_Notes_Web',
> and you will get to a page which lists the version of each individual
> component that's part of the release, among other things.

:) I would have known that if Firefox wasn't barfing on PDF's right now, or if I had bothered to boot my laptop (OSX).

The "Release Details" section has a note that reads "Linux and FreeBSD drivers are bundled with firmware 2.08.00.003". What does that mean? Do the drivers in 5-stable have a copy of the firmware embedded in them? Is the driver going to try and downgrade my firmware?

> The 9.2* versions are compatible.  There are small incompatibilities
> if you are mixing 9.1* and 9.2*.
>
>>And since we're here...is there any reason to update to 9.3
>>if I only have a 9500S?

Good to know.

Thanks for the quick reply. FWIW I went with 3ware because I saw somewhere that a 3ware person was supposedly on this list. Glad to see it wasn't a rumor.