new FreeBSD-webpage

F. Senault fred.letter at lacave.net
Thu Oct 6 23:30:17 PDT 2005

Friday, October 7, 2005, 1:56:38 AM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:

This should really go away from this list, but this (and a subsequent
mail) really ticked me off :

> This new so called `professional style' is style over substance:
> "LATEST NEWS" is a joke: They're advertising (bottom left)
>         2005-09-07 FreeBSD 6.0-BETA4 Available
> Not adding 6.0-BETA5 that's been out 17 days or so - Sep 19 04:50

Ooookay.  So, now, open your "good old page" and tell me if you see
BETA5 mentioned anywhere on the main page.  Go on, tell us.

For those who criticize the "project news", it has always been on that
form on the old site, just at a less prominent place.  If there is a
problem, it's not about design but about content management.

If you or anyone else has a problem with that, you can offer your help,
I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Fred
BTW, I happen to like the new site for my part.
--
Sysadmins can't be sued for malpractice, but surgeons don't have to
deal with patients who install new versions of their own innards.