ciss(4) driver in FreeBSD 6.x ...

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Wed Nov 23 11:33:16 GMT 2005

>    I'm specifically looking at the Proliant DL360, which has this card ...
> can you provide any comments, or insight, concerning what the man page
> states? Should I shy away from this controller? :(

I use SMART controllers driven by the ciss driver, as well as
earlier ones driven using ida, under 5.4 with no problem and have
used them on previous FreeBSD's for a long time. They work fine
for me and give adequate performance. I dont see any reason why
they wont work nicely under 6.0 aas well (indeed I will be upgrading
a machine with such a controller to 6.0 over the next few days)

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you

-pcf.