FreeBSD 6.0 Released

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Nov 4 11:47:00 PST 2005

[-current dropped]
On Fri, 2005-Nov-04 16:33:10 -0200, Renato Botelho wrote:
>one example, perl warning me about my locale:

What version of perl?  Was it compiled under RELENG_6 or a previous install?

>perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>        LC_ALL = "en_US.ISO8859-1",
>        LANG = "en_US.ISO8859-1"

Does the directory /usr/share/locale/en_US.ISO8859-1 exist?  Do the
relevant files (LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, LC_MONETARY,
LC_NUMERIC and LC_TIME) exist in the directory?

>And on another machine, when I go to gnome, this start with locale
>US-ASCII and I can't use acents on OpenOffice.

Is this locale set via LC_ALL or within OOo itself?  I'm not sure that
'US-ASCII' should exist - the locale name should be en_US.US-ASCII.
That said, I believe this is the correct behaviour.  You have
specified that you only want to be able to use 7-bit ASCII which
doesn't include accents.

--
Peter Jeremy