libpthread problem (segfaults)

Brent Casavant bcasavan at tdkt.org
Tue May 31 08:21:14 PDT 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Benjamin Lutz wrote:

> I've run into an issue that has me stumped. Anything that I link against
> libpthread on my FreeBSD-5.4-RELEASE/i386 installation will segfault as
> soon as it tries making use of the threads.

I may be hitting a manifestation of the same problem.  With a freshly
installed AbiWord (ports tree cvsup'd approximately 1 week after
5.4-RELEASE was announced, portupgrade performed) on a 5.4-RELEASE system,
it crashes whenever the "Open" dialog is opened.  The backtraces are
next to useless, though there does seem to be a number of Pthreads
calls in progress (pthread_mutexattr_init, pthread_testcancel, and
pthread_timedwrlock).

I'm casually debugging this problem as time permits, but to no avail
thus far.

Brent

--
Brent Casavant			Dance like everyone should
www.angeltread.org		be watching.