mounting reiserfs

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Mon May 30 08:04:28 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 09:27:50AM -0300, Maximiliano Combina wrote:
> My "problem" now is that I would like to mount my reiserfs paritions
> from freebsd. I have found a driver to mount those partitions as
> read-only (I dont have the link here :( ), but I have not tried the
> driver myself.
> Does anyone know a way to mount a reiserfs partition from freebsd? To
> write in one of those partitions?

Since you should make a backup in any case before you convert the
machine to FreeBSD, why not use it?

So make a backup, e.g. with tar and write that to CD-R. Then create a
new UFS2 filesystem (FreeBSD's native format) and restore the backup. I
think this would be less hassle than trying experimental drivers. :-)

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt