CUPDS reboot the whole system

Todor Dragnev todor.dragnev at gmail.com
Thu May 19 01:46:54 PDT 2005

On ср, 2005-05-18 at 16:12 -0700, Doug White wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2005, Todor Dragnev wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Before a couple of days ago I started /usr/local/sbin/cupsd manualy from
> > console. When I press CTRL+C to interrupt a program, the system change
> > runlevel and going to reboot. This was on FreeBSD V5.3, today I
> > installed fresh new 5.4 but the problem is the same.
>
> FreeBSD doesn't have runlevels so I'm not sure what you're referring to
> here.
Sorry for my wrong explanation, I work mostly on linux and make this
mistake. But the system realy go in state like shutdown -h NOW (halt)

> Its also known that certain old Linux binaries that accidentally get run
> as FreeBSD binaries can call reboot() when trying a Linux SYSV syscall.
> If you copied cupsd from a linux box, use brandelf on it to make sure it
> gets run under the linuxulator.

I use cupsd that come with pkg_add -r samba (fresh new install of
freebsd-5.4). Is that package is "certain old" ?

In my previous reply email I sent a dump from the console showing
exactly how this happened. What must I do to find more info and catch
the problem.

Regards,
--
Todor Dragnev <todor.dragnev at gmail.com>