problems with ASR card/5.4

Bruce Burden brucegb at realtime.net
Mon May 16 16:58:17 PDT 2005

  Hi folks,

	I am trying to get my Adaptec 3210S RAID running under 5.4,
  and all I get for my trouble is pmap_ errors. Sorry, no dumps at
  the  moment.

	If I compile "device asr" into the kernel, I get a message
  about "could not copy LDT", and a panic about "pmap_enter:
  invalid page directory" when the system moves from single to multi
  user. (single user is no problem?)

	If I do not compile the asr driver, and "kldload asr" instead,
  I get a panic from pmap_mapdev, instead.

	Any ideas? This is annoying, and I am seriously considering
  returning to 4.11, where asr was working...

								Bruce