Strange top(1) output

Matthias Buelow mkb at incubus.de
Thu May 12 08:20:01 PDT 2005

Jonathan Noack wrote:

> I think you will have a very hard time removing anything from top
> because someone will always pipe up and say, "I've been using
> <random_option> since the days when computers were measured in
> MILLIhertz... *shaking fist*"  Why not add an option to switch between
> SIZE and RES?  Perhaps 'M'?

Yeah well.. presented with 80-column space constraints, however, I'd
prefer to have a threads column rather than a virtual memory usage
column (especially when that "virtual memory" isn't a real resource
limit since the system is overcommitting, except when you set artificial
limits via ulimit etc.)

mkb.