FreeBSD and HP nx9105

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Tue May 10 07:54:17 PDT 2005

Adi Pircalabu <apircalabu at bitdefender.com> writes:

> There is an extra hint to pass at boot time:
> hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9"

Ok at least it got futher I booted to the boot loader and
added the following "hints":

set 'hw.acpi.skip_timer_override=1'
set hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9"
set hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"

the system does not go to sleep at now at least, it runs till after
vga0: <Generic ISA GVA> at port ....
unkown: PNP0303 can't assign resources (port)
bt_find_probe_range: Invaild baseport 0x600 specified
bt_find_probe-range: Nearest valid baseport is 0x334
bt_find_probe_range: Failing probe
an0: rest failed
ep0: <@@@0000| at port 0x600-0x67f irt 3 drq 6 on ida 0
ifmedia_set: no match for 0x23/0xfffffff
panic: ifmedia_set
Uptiem : 1s

So the ifmedia_set failes for whatever reason.
I'm sorry for bothering you  further with that, just I would really
like to get FreeBSD up and running here.

Regards
Friedrich