sysinstall new disc layout in 5.4 RELEASE

bazzoola bazzoola at gmail.com
Tue May 10 02:35:55 PDT 2005

First, thanks for all the people who took the time and effort to make
this happen :)

I just finished downloading the images thru torrents. I burned both
i386 disc one and two then installed 5.4. Everything worked fine as
usual.

After that I decided to install new packages. I inserted disc2 then
typed sysinstall. then I went to post config and selected some pre
compiled packages to install. (like expat, apache, portsnap,
freebsd-update, etc.)
The installer started installing the packages from disc2 then it came
across expat the xml parser package and requested disc1. I inserted
disc1 and it installed expat after that it showed an error msg that it
cannot install apache because it was not found on the media. I thought
It should have asked for disc2 but it didnt.

Should this be considered a bug in sysinstall?

if this is the wrong mailing list please tell me where to forward.

Thanks again,
bazzoola