Trek Technology Thumbdrive 16MB

GerritKühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Wed May 4 08:28:14 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:26:48PM +0200, Marc Olzheim wrote:

> > You _do_ have scsi disk support (device da) enabled in your kernel ?
> And loaded the umass module or have it in your kernel, for that matter ?

Yes, of course. As I said before: I have working externel USB-HD, a working
USB-MP3-Player and so on. Just the Thumbdrive doesn't do anything here.

Meanwhile I browsed the sourcecode a little bit. I found that usbdevs has

product TREK THUMBDRIVE         0x1111  ThumbDrive
product TREK THUMBDRIVE_8MB     0x9988  ThumbDrive_8MB

The first one should apply to my drive. However, umass.c only has

        { USB_VENDOR_TREK, USB_PRODUCT_TREK_THUMBDRIVE_8MB, RID_WILDCARD,
          UMASS_PROTO_ATAPI | UMASS_PROTO_BBB,
          IGNORE_RESIDUE
        },

I don't know if an entry for USB_PRODUCT_TREK_THUMBDRIVE would be needed in
this place, but I just decided to try out and copied (and renamed) the above
entry for this purpose. Cannot tell if it's working though, since the system
is still compiling (I took the chance to upgrade world, too, and the system
is just a 933MHz P3).

cu
  Gerrit