DANGER WILL ROBINSON! SERIOUS problem withcurrent5.4-PRERELEASE - UPDATE (real this time)

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Thu Mar 31 11:47:54 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 02:16:11PM -0500, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Karl Denninger wrote:
> > Would you prefer me to validate that path before or after I attempt to
> > validate that removing the first delta fixes the crashes on my
> > production machine?  (Reason for the question is that the latter will
> > require most of the rest of the day and evening, while the former can
> > likely be done by 3-4 pm today)
>
> Your previous email suggests that the callout stuff is to blame.  Testing
> the fix seems like a good plan unless you have any doubts about your
> earlier results.

I cannot provide solid validation until I test it on the production machine
here.  The sandbox survived overnight with dozens of write errors, but
whether the production system will is not yet known.

Will test on the production system and advise.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org		Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net		SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!