DANGER WILL ROBINSON! SERIOUS problem with current 5.4-PRERELEASE

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Wed Mar 30 09:07:24 PST 2005

On Wed, March 30, 2005 12:43 am, Karl Denninger said:
> Here's the diff and some thoughts....

[snip, including first diff]

> 241,243c244,249
> <
> <       /* if reinit succeeded and retries still permit, reinject request
> */
> <       if (ata_reinit(ch) && request->retries-- > 0 &&
> request->device->param){
> ---
>>       /*
>>        * if reinit succeeds, retries still permit and device didn't
>>        * get removed by the reinit, reinject request
>>        */
>>       if (!ata_reinit(ch) && request->retries-- > 0
>>           && request->device->param){
[snip third diff]

> The second diff is really just a formatting and comment change.. you're
> certainly correct that the changes are small! :-)

No, it is not -- it reverses the sense of the first condition.  At first
glance that is what I would expect to be the core of the problem, but I
don't have appropriate hardware to test on.  (It also adds a third
condition, but that is presumably the intent of the change and should give
the desired results once the first condition is corrected.)

Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-   /"\
Hostmaster, Huie Kin family website        \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN