new LORs on 5.4 pre

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at student.tue.nl
Wed Mar 30 06:23:19 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 05:52:13AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 11:17:50AM +0200, Rene Ladan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've stumbled over some new LORs (all continuable) on 5.4pre from
> >
> > lock order reversal
> >  1st 0xc0642b60 Giant (Giant) @ /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_timeout.c:256
> >  2nd 0xc14d7264 fxp0 (network driver) @ /usr/src/sys/modules/fxp/../../dev/fxp/if_fxp.c:1233
>
> Is your fxp module up-to-date?  Stale modules (i.e. compiled for a
> different kernel than the one you're running) will cause problems.

All modules are up to date.  This LOR popped up after installing from a
resume buildworld.  After blowing away /usr/obj, make cleandir twice in
/usr/src and rebuilding and reinstalling world+kernel, it and the others
still pop up, especially after any of these commands:

# dhclient fxp0
# ntpd -q
% fetchmail (only at startup, not after wakeup)

Browsing in links does _not_ trigger a LOR.

> Kris

Regards,
Rene
--