5.4Pre sched_ule SMP XOrg hangs or reboots

Derek VerLee bsd at noogenesis.org
Mon Mar 28 11:18:45 PST 2005

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 04:07:05PM -0500, Derek VerLee wrote:
>

>>Hi, i have become fascinated with getting sched_ule to run reliably, and
>>I've been running tests with about 8 different configurations.  I've
>>listed some of them and the results at my website, at
>>http://noogenesis/freebsd/testing_ule, the index html for which I've
>>also attached to this email.  I have not yet succeeded in getting a core
>>dump from the kernel, any advice on coaxing a kernel panic instead of a
>>hang so that a core dump can be obtained, let me know.
>>

>Unfortunately ULE is known to still be broken.  This isn't likely to
>be fixed before 5.4-RELEASE.
>
>Kris

I am actually aware of this.  I just thought my testing might be helpful
to someone.  Probably "everyone" is tied up with getting things together
for 5.4 release, I guess.  But nobody cares about sched_ule right now?
What about later?  Should I forward to -hackers or -current?

Not to waste anymore of anyone's time or bandwidth.  Its just that I am
having fun using this as excuse to learn about the inner workings of the
freebsd kernel.  ( Its a bit bigger but oh so much more well written
then NACHOS.. heh =P  )

_derek