Today -STABLE doesn't build in rescue -> ifconfig.lo

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Thu Mar 24 01:17:41 PST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:07:31 +0200
Ruslan Ermilov <ru at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 09:29:48AM +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:47:04 -0800
> > Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> > > It definitely should solve it. I've been building RELENG_5 for 2 days
> > > straight without problems.
> >
> > And yes, it solved it :)
> >
> > > For future reference, it's generally better to try the clean build first
> > > before sending in a report like this, especially in -stable.
> >
> > Point taken, but you know I'm not the one to make exaggerated noise. I
> > was 02:35 in the morning and I wanted to know if anyone saw the same
> > thing and if I need to wait I could simply go to bed.
> >
> > Thanks for the new BIND.
> >
> You shouldn't be using NOCLEAN routinely; it's only safe when sources
> do not change.

For the time from 5.3R I had only once on one machine a problem besides
this (and yes, the sources haven't changed much in all this time execpt
the present MFCs race :).

Now I know and just had an example of it, that NOCLEAN ain't working; my
question is do I risk having bad code compiled or just errors like this
one ? From my knowledge of how make works in a perfect word :) not even
this should happen.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"