amd64 and FreeBSD 5.4-BETA1

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Wed Mar 23 14:42:42 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:34:36 -0500
Vivek Khera <vivek at khera.org> wrote:

> If you have the option of ACPI 2.0 support, enable that -- often the

As I wrote earlier, I don't have hat option in the bios. But after
re-reading the acpi debugging chapter in the handbook, I found a
workaround. With the line:
  hint.apic.0.disabled="1"

in /boot/loader.conf, the machine hangs for a while (perhaps 15
seconds), and then continues the boot. Now acpi works, and even the
mouse works (along with usb and firewire ports).

The dmesg.boot output is attached. As you can see, acpi now works.

BTW, to all the people responsible; the Handbook is a great resource,
and it is getting better almost every time I read it. Thanks!
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,