Distinct base and ports update ?

Constant, Benjamin bconstant at be.tiauto.com
Tue Mar 22 23:50:50 PST 2005

> I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to
> achieve, but can you not simply use the date option in your
> supfile to make sure all systems run the exact same checkout?
>  eg, adding something like date=2005.03.22.00.00.00 to your
> supfile on all the hosts?

I want to do keep the same base (FreeBSD stable) over multiple ports update
so when I install a new server after having synch my mirror I'm sure it gets
the same base (src-all) as the servers that were installed before the update
of the mirror. Regarding the ports tree, I want to be able to update it
quite often (first on the mirror, then on the hosts) depending on the
security fixes available.

One step ahead for me is to have a mirror providing only a frozen src-all
tree and another one providing up to date src-all and ports trees so I can
test the base before going on production.

> That way, it doesn't matter if you update your mirror, you'll
> still be getting the same checkout every time.  Just make
> sure the date you specify is at least a few hours before your
> last checkout, otherwise you may miss some files which have
> been committed but which the mirrors between your client and
> the master sever haven't picked up yet.

I think this may work if I use two cvsup files (one for the src-all and the
other one for the ports) using a different date inside.

Thank you!

Benjamin Constant.

confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message. This communication is from TI
Automotive.