Hardware: amd64, os: FreeBSD/amd64 and ...?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Mar 22 08:10:45 PST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 5:39 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> This is my first amd64 machine (actually, it's my first amd powered
> machine), and I haven't followed the development on the amd64 closely.
>
> Do most of the ports work on amd64?
> Are there any other caveats?

There are a handful of ports that have 64-bit issues, but they are
getting cleaned up gradually.

The only major bottleneck I have as of today is one perl module,
IO::Interface, which will compile, but when run return empty data
rather than proper lists.  I'm sure it has to do with 64-bittedness,
since it works on i386 FreeBSD 5.3.  I'll track that down and fix it
sooner or later...

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806