Panic after plugging in an mp3 usb player, 5.4-PRERELEASE

Marwan Burelle Marwan.Burelle at lri.fr
Tue Mar 22 06:28:11 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 02:48:37PM +0100, Radek Kozlowski wrote:
> My 5.4-PRERELEASE/i386 as of today panics almost immediately after
> plugging in an mp3 usb player (Qware BeatZkey! Pro 512MB). I don't have
> device ehci in the kernel.

It's a common problem with some USB devices. You have to add some
quirk in sys/cam/scsi/scsi_da.c for your player.

See more information at :
    http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/quirks.html

I've got the same problem with mine, adding the rigth quirk
(DA_Q_NO_SYNC_CACHE for me) solves it. The difficult part is to think
out what to put to capture your player (and not the others ... )

--
Burelle Marwan,
Equipe Bases de Donnees - LRI