malloc() debugging flags broken on RELENG_5

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Mon Mar 21 11:19:23 PST 2005

> The actual test in the malloc code reads:
>
>     if (malloc_abort || issetugid() || getuid() == 0 || getgid() == 0)
>         wrterror(p)
>
> , so it may also trigger if your primary groupid is 0 (wheel).  Just
> being a member of the wheel group won't trigger it.

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I should have looked myself before complaining, of course.

My user's primary group is indeed wheel. I will patch my source tree, recompile libc and see whether this helps (I realize this is much more of a hack than a solution but as long as it works, I am fine).

- Bartosz