USB Mouse not working

MariusNünnerich marius.nuennerich at gmx.net
Mon Mar 21 01:23:43 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:33:00 +0000
Ian Dowse <iedowse at maths.tcd.ie> wrote:

> I think page 61 is just an example of one possible report descriptor
> for a mouse. Could you follow the instructions below to get the
> report descriptor for your mouse and post it to the list?
>
>  o Remove the `ums' device from your kernel config, but leave in
>    the `uhid' device (if you're using modules, just unload ums and
>    make sure uhid is loaded).
>
>  o Plug in the mouse
>
>  o Check dmesg for the correct uhid device, e.g. you should see
>    something like:
>
> 	uhid0: Logitech USB Mouse, rev 1.10/4.10, addr 2, iclass 3/1
>
>  o Run this command
>
> 	usbhidctl -f /dev/uhid0 -ra

# dmesg|grep uhid
uhid0: Device USB Device, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1

Thats the mouse, because it's the only USB device plugged-in at the
moment (with ukbd0).

# usbhidctl -f /dev/uhid0 -ra
Report descriptor:
Total   input size 0 bytes
Total  output size 4 bytes
Total feature size 1 bytes
usbhidctl: device does not support immediate mode, only changes
reported.

Hmm, don't know what to do with this information :)

Thanks,
Marius