Qt applications hang

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat Mar 19 00:06:53 PST 2005

I'm experiencing a very strange problem: everything on my system appears
to work fine, with the exception of QT-based applications.

When I launch one, the GUI appears normally and the menus are working. Most
of the menu items also appear to work fine.
As soon as I try to open a file selection dialog (File/Open Location in
konqueror), the whole GUI becomes irresponsive, but the application can still
be killed.

So far I have had the problem with konqueror and print/scribus

The machine is running 5.4-PRERELEASE/amd64.

--
Francois Tigeot