5.3 Buildworld Problems on AMD

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 17 23:21:28 PST 2005

Tom wrote:
> I have an update - I just tried to build from source from the CD and the
> FTP site, no dice...
> I've tried cvsup'ing to 5.4-PRE and that doesn't build either.
>
> Anyone? I didn't see anything in the archives, and some googling
> doesn't show anything either.
>
> Is 5.3-4 broken for AMD?

Nope.  RELENG_5 from around 1800 PST today (3/17) built just fine, and
is currently being hammered pretty hard doing some tinderbox builds of
GNOME 2.10 against the newly imported XOrg 6.8.2 on a couple of boxes here.

What specific errors are you seeing?  Without those, along with the
contents of /etc/make.conf, it's going to be essentially impossible for
anyone to give any further suggestions.

-aDe