CPUTYPE=pentium-m

Jon Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Mar 15 11:42:05 PST 2005

David O'Brien wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 10:48:52PM +0100, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
>>>Are you saying, all we need to do is commit this diff to make everyone's
>>>environment happy?
>>
>>Obviously, I can't speak for everyone. For me, your patch fixes the kernel.
>
> Can you try with just -mno-sse2?  I'd like to litter the compile command
> line as little as possible.

I had this issue a while back with my Athlon-XP box
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-November/042127.html).
  Note that I would get instant reboots with CPUTYPE?=athlon-xp,
CPUTYPE?=p3, and CPUTYPE?=p2.  However, it worked fine with
CPUTYPE?=k6-2.  I think you are right to be cautious and disable
anything that uses FP registers.

Jon