Gmake won't make without itself

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Mon Mar 14 04:05:04 PST 2005

Not sure this is the best place for this, but I think it's the best
among the lists I'm on...

I just tried, with a fresh ports tree, to build gmake after having
pkg_deleted it, and it failed because it couldn't find its own binary.
I "fixed" this by editing work/*/Makefile to say "make=make" instead
of "make=gmake," then doing (from the port top) "make", then in work/*
renaming make (the generated binary) to gmake and doing cp -p gmake
/usr/local/bin, and finally going to the port top again and doing
"make install clean."

FYI.

--
Doug Lee           dgl at dlee.org        http://www.dlee.org