Delay in first 5.4 test builds

Ken Smith kensmith at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 12 10:44:36 PST 2005

Just a note to say sorry about the delay in getting the first 5.4 test
builds done.  A few of the fixes to bugs we would like to have in place
for the entire test cycle (so they get maximum testing) have taken a bit
longer than anticipated.  And we got started a little late on rearranging
the system installation procedure to handle the package layout in a way
that would allow us to avoid the "disc1-kde/disc1-gnome" situation we
had with the 4.11 release.

Both of those issues are nearing completion, we hope to have the first
test builds ready early this coming week (the week of March 13th).

-ken